How Effective is a Phenol Peel?

i'm set for a phenol peel in two weeks. Will it work? just wondering if it is worth the down-time and price? the price i will be paying is 1600.

How Effective is a Phenol Peel?

+1

I believe phenol peels are the single best resurfacing technique available.  The active ingredient is actually croton oil and the phenol serves as a carrier.  Just make sure that your physician is experienced in this technique and in the heresy dilution formulas as described by  Dr. Hetter in 2000.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

I gave up Phenol Peels 15 years ago.

+1

In skilled hands a laser peels is much more effective with less risk.  For this reason, I gave up doing phenol peels over 15 years ago.  The only place I use phenol now is in severely wrinkled eyebrows in combination with laser resurfacing. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Phenol peel

+1

in experienced hands you should get great results. However, you should be aware that the recovery time is significant with this procedure.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon