How Effective is Paper Tape on Surgical Scars?

I have read that silicone sheets are very effective for scar therapy but i was wondering how well paper tape worked on them as well.

Surgical scarring

+2

I have been using paper tape for years on all my patients after surgery to prevent the formation of bad scars. Although it works very well in this capacity when started early after surgery and continued for some months it does not work when used to treat bad scars that have already formed.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.