How Effective in Septoplasty for Me? (photo)

I am scheduled for septoplasty next month. I can't breathe out of my right nostril. One of the doctors thinks that it's because of a growth spur but once I told him I broke my nose at a young age he didn't have a correct answer. **My nose actually broke when I was 8 along with my two front teeth and my nose healed crooked causing it to block my right nostril** Will the surgeons fix my cartilage bone which was broken and now crooked or no? I am pretty sure I have no growth spur.

Crooked nose and septoplasty

+2

If your nose is crooked due to a WARPED SEPTUM, then a septoplasty may help your breathing and correct the shape.  It depends on where the warping is .  You need to discuss with your surgeon.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Septoplasty improves breathing but has no effect on the nose externally

+1

We often speculate about how and when a deviated septum occurred. Maybe you fell, maybe playing basketball or maybe even when you were born and the nose got pushed down. Either way, bony or cartilage spurs are all part of a deviated septum and should be corrected as part of a septoplasty. If you wish to have the outside of your nose straightened, that can also be done at the same time but that part is not typically covered by insurance.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html