What is Effective in Getting Rid of Cross Hatched Lines Under my Eyes? (photo)

What is effective in getting rid wrinkles/crow's feet and cross-hatching lines under my eyes? I'm most concerned with the cross-hatched textured lines and the wrinkles under my eyes when I smile.

Wrinkles around the eyes

+1

If the wrinkles around the eyes can be made worse with certain facial gestures and closing the eyes, then these wrinkles may be amenable to Botox. If, however, they are just due to loose skin under the eyes and do not move with movement- it is unlikely they will respond to botox and certain creams may be helpful.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Improvement of Cross Hatched Lines Under Eye

+1

You must first determine how aggressive you want to be with the treatment and the amount of downtime you will accept: The lines are called animation lines and are a result of the movement of the lower eyelid muscles beneath the skin. Therefore with less movement of the muscles (BOTOX) then the less pronounced are the lines. My recommended treatment options are as follows

•BOTOX properly placed is the current standard

• A slightly more agressive approach which Requires no downtime would be Peleve' treatments plus BOTOX
  • Peleve' Treatments Plus a Profractional Laser Treatment gives an even better result but require a 2 to 3 day downtime
  • More downtime but more dramatic results: BOTOX with an Erbium Laser Resurfacing

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon