How effective would it be for me to get Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am currently very insecure and unsatisfied with my nose. It hasn't caused me any health related issues but my dislike of it has caused me serious insecurities and self image issues. I was wondering if it was possible through any sort of Rhinoplasty to achieve a "greek" nose similar to Richard Armitage. As you can (hopefully) tell, I have a bulbous tip nose and slightly wider than average nose bridge.

Realistic Rhinoplasty Results

+1

While you understandably have insecurities about the appearance of your nose, it is extremely important to develop a realistic understanding of what rhinoplasty can and can not achieve for you. You need to talk to a plastic surgeon and get some computer imaging done to see what may be realistically achieved. While it is good to have a rhinoplasty goal, it is also important to realize that you can not have someone else's nose and the ability to even approximate that rhinoplasty result would be based on what type of nose and the overlying skin that you have now.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and wide nose

+1

There are many maneuvers it can be performed in rhinoplasty to achieve patient's goals, these include inserting cartilage grafts into the to nose make it will bigger, wider, or have more structural integrity. In other instances, we remove cartilage from the nose to make it smaller. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website on the link below along with our rhinoplasty photo gallery as well

How effective would it be for me to get Rhinoplasty?

+1

The tip can be refined, and the nose can be made less wide to give you a nose more like you would like to have.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

You would be a good candidate

+1

It is hard to assess from the one angle photo you submitted, but it does look like your nasal bones are wide and your tip looks bulbous. I think is these areas were refined to be slightly narrower and smoother, your nose would look better. Generally, I think of a nose that is a little higher on the bridge with a bit of a hump when I think of a Roman nose. That may be possible for you if you have an existing hump which could be partially reduced. It is more difficult (but not impossible) to create a hump when one didn't exist initially. What i like about that actor's nose is that it looks natural and masculine. I would also encourage you to really think carefully about your self-image issues. Rhinoplasty can make your nose look better, but it doesn't always follow that internal self-esteem issues go away after surgery. Best of luck!

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

Refinements to the nose can be done - the trick is to create the image you are looking for and that can only be accomplished with an indepth consultation and review of photos to ascertain that you and the surgeon have the same final result in mind.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon