How Effective is Ematrix in Treating Melasma Skin Patches Due to Hormone Imbalances?

How frequently should the procedure be redone to prevent reoccurrence?

EMatrix is not a treatment for Melasma

+1
  • eMatrix is not a treatment for Melasma.  Hydroquinones, chemical peels, and Cosmelan are all effective treatments.  Lasers, IPL, and RF are generally not an effective treatment.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in cosmetic dermatology.

EMatrix should be done for resurfacing, not discoloration

+1

eMatrix treatments are meant to treat irregular tone and texture, not discoloration like melasma. There is no light to this treatment (like IPL) so it doesn't target irregular coloring. What you want is FotoFacial, and most likely you'd do better with a FotoFacial with Radio Frequency (like those done with Syneron machines) as the light can penetrate deeper to treat deeper pigment issues like melasma. In my office we do both eMatrix and FotoFacial treatments, but I wouldn't suggest a patient do eMatrix to treat discoloration; it's not going to give you the results you're looking for.

Web reference: http://www.syneron.com