How Effective is Ematrix in Treating Melasma Skin Patches Due to Hormone Imbalances?

How frequently should the procedure be redone to prevent reoccurrence?

Melasma Tri Pack from Kare Skin for melasma

I highly recommend Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams for melasma. 

The Melasma Tri Pack Program from Kare Skin is great. 

Chemical peels and melasma

Ematrix can improve skin tone and tightness, but we do not recommend Ematrix as a firstline treatment for hormonal melasma. In our office, we recommend chemical peels and Melarase creams for that purpose. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

EMatrix is not a treatment for Melasma

eMatrix is not a treatment for Melasma.  Hydroquinones, chemical peels, and Cosmelan are all effective treatments.  Lasers, IPL, and RF are generally not an effective treatment.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in cosmetic dermatology.

EMatrix should be done for resurfacing, not discoloration

eMatrix treatments are meant to treat irregular tone and texture, not discoloration like melasma. There is no light to this treatment (like IPL) so it doesn't target irregular coloring. What you want is FotoFacial, and most likely you'd do better with a FotoFacial with Radio Frequency (like those done with Syneron machines) as the light can penetrate deeper to treat deeper pigment issues like melasma. In my office we do both eMatrix and FotoFacial treatments, but I wouldn't suggest a patient do eMatrix to treat discoloration; it's not going to give you the results you're looking for.