Most Effective/ Aggressive Course of Treatment for Rolling Scars

I've already undergone two full face dermabrasion sessions a year of healing time in between the two, over 3 years ago. My scarring would be classified as rolling scarring just on my cheeks, but I'm now looking to fully get rid of all the scarring on my cheeks if possible, I'm completely prepared to "combo" different treatments as long as it gets the job done. what would be your best advise? In what order would be the most aggressive? As in (subcisson, fillers, Co2 laser)

Acne scars

+1

Acne scars can be tought to treat. The best treatment I usually with some form of ablation laser like CO2 or Erbium. These can be done as micro-laser peels or a deeper full face laser peel as a single session.

CO2 laser abrasion is the gold standard for acne scarring

+1

For moderate to severe acne scarring, the best treatment is still the CO2 laser. It goes deeper than dermabrasion and has a bimodal degree of improvement. The initial improvement is the planing of the skin and the continued improvement relies on the thermal injury encouraging additional collagen deposition over about six months. This treatment can be combined with subcision or long-term fillers such as sculptra or fat injections to maximally improve the cheek areas by adding volume to those areas that tend to atrophy with the acne scarring and aging process. You might want to google the article I wrote a number of years ago on the CO2 laser for acne scarring. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rolling acne scars

+1

I like saline subcision for depressed acne scars +/- spot application of a strong chemical peeling agent (TCA cross).  Fillers are temporary but do provide the gratification of immediate improvement.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist