Could Having Sex Effect the Results of Your BBL?

First off, I appologize if I offend anyone by my question, but I would like a mature response from a medical professional. With that said, I am 8 days post op after bbl, and I'm wondering if I caused any damaged to my butt?  So should I be worried?

Sex after a Brazilian butt lift

+9

Although there are no studies comparing if the outcome for a Brazilian butt lift  is affected by sex it is intuitive to assume that sex can negatively affect the Brazilian butt lift results but it only depends on the position and the amount of pressure. These are my recommendations about having sex after this procedure:

1. No sex for about 10 days

2. Gentle sex, no spanking for 14 days

3. Since you cannot  lie on your back or buttocks  for 14 – 21 days, use the doggie style at the edge of the bed

4. No pressure on your buttock by your partner

5. No forceful grabbing

Web reference: http://www.babygotbutt.com

Sex after Surgery

+3

Normally I recommend 6 wks of no exercise and about 3 or 4 of no intercourse after this typer of operation.  For some it's simply not going to happen.

In your case, the amount of 'trauma' to the area is related to impact and how long it all lasted (neither of which need to be answered, just considered).  The fact is that it is not recommendable.  What's done is done, but you've made a huge investment.  Be smart about how well you take care of it.

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com

Resuming Sexual Relations after Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

RE- "Could Having Sex Effect the Results of Your BBL?  ..  I am 8 days post op after bbl, and I'm wondering if I caused any damaged to my butt?  So should I be worried?"

By your question ("wondering if I caused any" ) I understand it to mean you already had sex within 8 days of your BBL procedure. While this puts you way ahead of the curve recovery-wise, it is really not a great thing to do this early in the recovery period. The reason being is that to maximize fat survival or take - multiple steps must take place:
- the fat must be liposuctioned under lower pressure than we normally do to lower suction vacuum injury to the fat cells
- the fat needs to be treated gently while outside the body
- the fat needs to be injected with care to minimize the pressure in the syringe
- the fat needs to be placed in small, narrow rows to maximize contact with blood vessels which would nourish and keep it alive
- compression / decompression and shear movements on the grafted fat need to be minimized for 2-3 weeks to allow blood vessel in-growth into the grafted fat to increase the amount of fat survival. The more sitting, shifting and moving of the buttocks you do in this period the greater the potential chance of disruption of the blood supply to the grafted fat.

Can you have sex without such forces on your freshly fat grafted buttocks? Probably. But I would defer the offering sexual technique advice to others who may be so inclined (no pun intended).

Sex after Brazilian butt lift, can it undo the surgery?

+3
Great question! Depends what position and how gentle was your partner. Eight days out from surgery, even if you were on your back and putting pressure on your newly reshaped buttocks for a short time (about 10min), you will be fine. If you used any other position which does not cause increased pressure on the buttocks, you'll be fine. Do not worry about it and also remember that you will loose some volume normally as the swelling goes away. Don't stop having sex, just be inventive!
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Sex after the Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

No offense taken.  Sex is a part of life.  But in my opinion, there is no doubt, without question, Yes!
I always recommend to my patients no sitting or laying on their buttocks, no pressure on your buttocks, to minimize motion of your buttocks and to wear the compression garments at all times.  The less strenuous activity that you do the better.  Don't get me wrong, you need to get up and walk every hour or two to help prevent complications such as blood clots, infections and pneumonias.  But I otherwise recommend limiting other activities to obtain the best result. 

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Brazilian Buttock lift

+2

Pressure applied to the buttocks from any reason can cause the fat to shift. If you develop deformities or dents do not blame your doctor. 

Sex and Surgery

+1

Fat transfered during BBL has to be given a chance to survive.  Any undue pressure to  the grafted area may lessen the chance of survival and ultimately change the desired outcome.  You and your partner will need to change some things about your intimate times that will not jepordize your outcoome.

Dr. ES