First off, I appologize if I offend anyone by my question, but I would like a mature response from a medical professional. With that said, I am 8 days post op after bbl, and I'm wondering if I caused any damaged to my butt? So should I be worried?
Could Having Sex Effect the Results of Your BBL?
Doctor Answers 7
Sex after a Brazilian butt lift
Although there are no studies comparing if the outcome for a Brazilian butt lift is affected by sex it is intuitive to assume that sex can negatively affect the Brazilian butt lift results but it only depends on the position and the amount of pressure. These are my recommendations about having sex after this procedure:
1. No sex for about 10 days
2. Gentle sex, no spanking for 14 days
3. Since you cannot lie on your back or buttocks for 14 – 21 days, use the doggie style at the edge of the bed
4. No pressure on your buttock by your partner
5. No forceful grabbing
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Resuming Sexual Relations after Brazilian Butt Lift
RE- "Could Having Sex Effect the Results of Your BBL? .. I am 8 days post op after bbl, and I'm wondering if I caused any damaged to my butt? So should I be worried?"
By your question ("wondering if I caused any" ) I understand it to mean you already had sex within 8 days of your BBL procedure. While this puts you way ahead of the curve recovery-wise, it is really not a great thing to do this early in the recovery period. The reason being is that to maximize fat survival or take - multiple steps must take place:
- the fat must be liposuctioned under lower pressure than we normally do to lower suction vacuum injury to the fat cells
- the fat needs to be treated gently while outside the body
- the fat needs to be injected with care to minimize the pressure in the syringe
- the fat needs to be placed in small, narrow rows to maximize contact with blood vessels which would nourish and keep it alive
- compression / decompression and shear movements on the grafted fat need to be minimized for 2-3 weeks to allow blood vessel in-growth into the grafted fat to increase the amount of fat survival. The more sitting, shifting and moving of the buttocks you do in this period the greater the potential chance of disruption of the blood supply to the grafted fat.
Can you have sex without such forces on your freshly fat grafted buttocks? Probably. But I would defer the offering sexual technique advice to others who may be so inclined (no pun intended).
Sex after Surgery
Normally I recommend 6 wks of no exercise and about 3 or 4 of no intercourse after this typer of operation. For some it's simply not going to happen.
In your case, the amount of 'trauma' to the area is related to impact and how long it all lasted (neither of which need to be answered, just considered). The fact is that it is not recommendable. What's done is done, but you've made a huge investment. Be smart about how well you take care of it.
You might also like...
Sex after Brazilian butt lift, can it undo the surgery?
Sex and Surgery
Fat transfered during BBL has to be given a chance to survive. Any undue pressure to the grafted area may lessen the chance of survival and ultimately change the desired outcome. You and your partner will need to change some things about your intimate times that will not jepordize your outcoome.
Sex after the Brazilian Butt Lift
No offense taken. Sex is a part of life. But in my opinion, there is no doubt, without question, Yes!
I always recommend to my patients no sitting or laying on their buttocks, no pressure on your buttocks, to minimize motion of your buttocks and to wear the compression garments at all times. The less strenuous activity that you do the better. Don't get me wrong, you need to get up and walk every hour or two to help prevent complications such as blood clots, infections and pneumonias. But I otherwise recommend limiting other activities to obtain the best result.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.