Effect of PCOS on Laser Hair Removal Treatment? What Laser is Best?

I am a 32 yr old female with PCOS and have very black coarse hair on my chin. I use tweezers every 2-3 days and struggle with nasty stubble that are SO prominent on my skin. I am a south east asian with brown/wheatish skin color. I would love to get some help on what kind of laser would be good for my skin and hair growth and whether the results will last or not? Are there any side effects on my skin type?

Laser Hair Removal

+1

The Gentle Nd:YAG laser is used for hair removal. Every laser system relies on a specific wavelength for a specific objective. Nd YAG lasers use  the 1064nm wavelength which is safe for different skin tones, as it is not easily absorbed by melanin. So there is less risk of your skin overheating. 

Lasers disrupt the hair follicle so that they enter a resting phase. They permanently reduce the number of hairs. However, they cannot control or prevent new hairs from growing. This is due to internal factors like PCOS as in your case, or genetic factors. The rate of hair growth would affect the frequency of treatments you would receive to achieve the results you want. 

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon