What Effect Does Fraxel Restore Have on Skin Thickness Post Procedure?

Just wondering if there is any impact on skin thickness post Fraxel Restore procedure?

Does Fraxel restore Thicken the Skin?

+2

Good Day,

You ask a very good question.  A series of Fraxel restore laser treatments will increase collagen production over a 4 to 6 month period.  The improvement in fine to moderate lines, and scars is due to the build up of collagen from below up.  The skin must be microscopically "thicker", but in the 8 years that I have been treating patients with restore I have not noticed or heard any patients complain of "thicker skin".

Always good to "test the waters" down under as you never know the size of the crock waiting for you.  Be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Restore should stimulate collagen production

+1

Fraxel Restore should stimulate collagen production in the skin so it should improve skin thickness.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

FRaxel REstore builds up dermal collagen not overall skin thickness

+1

ATrophic thin acne scars show the improvement of ones own collagen production from Fraxel Restore treatment. These areas become less depressed but the overall skin thickness does not increase compared to baseline.  Wrinkles improve but do not get thicker.

Ronald Shelton, MD