Effect of Botox in Trigeminal Neuralgia

Botox has helped some patients with trigeminal neurlagia

+1

There are reports of some patients receiving help from Botox injections in lowering the amount of pain they have from their trigeminal neuralgia.  This is an off-label use. You need to see an expert as injections to the close-by areas might cause unwanted motion limitations or unsatisfactory cosmetic effects from the Botox. I have never treated this condition but I believe that Dr. Andrew Blitzer in NYC has treated TMJ (temporo-mandibular joint syndrome) as well as trigeminal neuralgia.

Botox for Trigeminal Neuralgia

+1

Hi Irfan,

There have been some studies out of NYU that have shown that Botox can be effective in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia.  Dr. Andrew Blitzer and others have shown that small doses injected intra cuticularly can be effective.  You may wish to contact the docs at NYU.  Good luck and be well.

Dr P