What Would Be the Right Size for Me? (photo)

I am 5'8....i weight 155lbs....36B....chest muscle 12.5...i want high profile silicone under the muscle. I know i am getting a lift done too.

Use ASizing System to Chose Breast Implant Size

+4

Thank you for your question.  Choosing the size of the breast implant is a very personal decision that you will need to make during consultation with your plastic surgeon.

There are however sizing systems available which can help you make this decision.

Be sure during your consultation to wear camisole or non-padded bra so that implants may be placed into the bra to give you an idea of how you will look after breast augmentation.

One helpful sizing system is the Mentor Breast Sizing System which provides shaped implants that can be placed into the bra to give you an idea of how you will look after surgery.

Another method which you can use at home is called the Rice Method which involves placing plastic bags of Rice into the bra and a scale for converting the amount of Rice to equivalent cc of breast implant.  The article below provides at method.

What Would Be the Right Size for Me?

+2

Thanks for your question and for the photo you have posted. 

It is clear that you need a lift. What is not clear is your goal. What I feel looks right may have little bearing on your idea of what looks right. 

I am not sure why you have chosen HP implants. My usual preference is to find the volume increase desired, and choose the appropriate profile so that the diameter of the implants closely matches the breast width. 

If the HP is your primary goal and size is secondary, and assuming (?) that the 12.5 measurement is breast width, the best HP sizes would be 450 or 475 cc. If you made these measurements your self, you may find that the surgeons measurement will be a cm smaller, in which case you may be looking at implants 100 cc smaller.

Thanks, all the best. 

What Would Be the Right Size for Me?

+2

If you are a B and want to be a C cup, you may want a 250 or 300 cc implant.  If want to be a D you may need 450 cc.  These size decisions can be made easily with trying on sizers in the office.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Would Be the Right Size for Me?

+1

In general, it's about 150-200 cc per bra cup size.  However, having a lift at the time of the implants (which you do need) impacts that because it is not safe to go as large when you're having a concomitant lift as it would be if you were having implants alone.  Larger implants produce more tension on the incisions and that increases the risks for the combined breast lift/implants.  You should discuss this with your PS, even with the understanding that if you want to go larger than he/she feels is safe, you may have to do that in a year or two once you've healed from this.  Most patients are very happy with what can be achieved at an initial procedure.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Since you need a lift, I would recommend not going large with the implant. The weight of breasts is directly related to the amount of sagging. If you do not want them to sag again, do not go too big. Otherwise I would recommend implants close to the width of your natural breast.I use 3D images of patients in my office to simulate size.

Michael Horn, MD

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is hard to give more info without an in person evaluation or at least pictures.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What would be a right sized implant for you?

+1
Choosing an implant size is a personal choice, that you alone can make. Generally, plastic surgeons can provide guidance with regard to a range of sizes to choose based on your cup size goal. But, actually telling you which sized implant would be your "ideal" or "right" size is not a decision that I make for my patients. I recommend making an appointment with your local plastic surgeon to help guide you to your "right" size. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
 As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.