How Many CC's Should I Go to Get my Desired Look? (photo)

I have my breast augmentation scheduled for June. I am indecisive about how many CC's to go to achieve the look I want. I am also having a breast lift with implants to get the best results I can. I'm currently a 34 C cup and I'm hoping to be a DD or slightly bigger. My surgeon recommended I do a full lift with high profile mentor silicone gel implants through the nipple and behind the muscle. He also said I would need to be a minimum of 420 CC's to get the nice round volume on top, so they sit high.

Size implants

+2

I would strongly agree with the lift the surgeon is recommending. As for the type of implant, I personally prefer mod plus implants for a more natural look. I go by base diameter of your breast to choose implants. If you want a DD then I think you are in range, but I would suggest you go on line and look at preop and post op photos of patients with both types of implants to help with your decision making. You may not like one or the other type of implants.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant with lift

+1

I think you are an excellent candidate for a lift with implant, but personally, I would not go with an implant that large.  They will sag again and the skin will continue to stretch out and probably get thin.  I would go about 350 cc's.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Determining implant size

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Even with the dimensions given it is hard to determine what you need without an in person consultation. I would consider trying sample implants and showing your surgeon pictures of your desired result to help determine the size implant that should be used. The brest lift will definitely help you achieve the fullness in your wish picture.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

How Many CC's Should I Go to Get my Desired Look?

+1

This is my over the internet opinion based upon the posted photos and your statement. You might want a two staged operations. First stage Full lifting with fat graft from liposuction. Allow 3 months healing than consider implants at a size to your liking, I might think 450 cc+ range. Just a thought. 

Lift and implants

+1

An examin person would help decide upon the appropriate sized implants.  I do agree with a lift.

How many cc's should I get for breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question. The appropriate size is based on the measurements of your chest.  It is not really a question of "how big do I want it." Your result will also depend on the skill of your plastic surgeon.  

I personally would not go underneath the muscle, you have plenty of breast tissue.  I also don't think you necessarily need a lift but that decision is based purely on the photos you have provided.  I would have to examine you in person.

Hope this helps!

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. Without a consult it is hard to determine the size of an implant. We normally measure the width of your chest wall and have the patient try on a few different sizes of implants.This will give you a better idea what to choose. Good Luck..Dr Thomas Narsete  Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Good luck as you go forward.  It is not possible to give you a cc's answer because I don't know your base dimension.  For your desired "look" you would likely need a HP implant and so the one which is the same diameter as you are will be the one with the right volume in it for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. I am glad to hear that you are planning on breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery;  you would  not do well with breast augmentation surgery only.

When it comes to selection of the breast implant size/profile to meet your goals, thebest online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.