Is the Width Between my Breast Too Wide? (photo)

surgery was done 24 hours ago, but i feel like my breast are too far apart. it looks too wide on my body where it could be seen from the back side. will my final results look better ? will the space between my breast come together more? should i begin certain type of stretches to move them together. my PS said my right breast skin was very tight during the operation.

It is still early

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  It may be that you decide your breasts are too far apart after you heal but you are very early in your recovery and you'll need to give your body a chance to heal properly before you make this decision.

Dr Remus Repta

Is the Width Between my Breast Too Wide?

+2

Breast implants will not move the breasts closer together, or move them further apart. We don't have pre-op photos to look at, but I suspect the breasts are as far apart in the pre-op photos as they are now.

Ideal placement of the implants will be such that they are centered behind the nipples and areolas, and they appear to be so. The pre-op markings are still present, and they were made along the outlines of your own breast tissue, and the implants are positioned right where the markings are. 

When the natural breasts are more widely spaced than average, so too are the pectoral muscles under which go the implants, and this also limits the possibility of centralizing the implants.

I find myself looking at a nice one-day post op photo. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon. Thanks for the question and the attached photos. Best wishes. 

Wide??

+1

You are too early after the surgery to come to any kind of conclusion at all. You appear to have a very normal post operative appearance at this time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Way too early!!

+1

It is far too soon after surgery to determine what your final surgical outcome will be.  I will say that your 24 hour post surgery photo shows good implant positioning.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Breast too Wide?

+1

The gap is defined by where the pectoralis attaches to the breast bone. That should not be violated during surgery or you can get the so called uni-boob. So the gap is what it is. As the skin loosens and the breast settles over time you will maybe get a bit more cleavage. More projecting implants like high profile implants that stick out more can give you more cleavage as well. But, the distance between your breasts is what it is.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Apart From Each Other After Surgery

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Without the pre-op pictures, it is hard to determine the cause of the distance between your breasts as it could be a pre-existing condition that become more obvious to you after the surgery.

Nonetheless, you are at a pretty early stage in the recovery process and I recommend that you be a little more patient letting gravity take its course so the implants settle into their natural position.

It is important to communicate with your surgeon and follow his/her instructions as he/she knows the most details pertaining to your surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Relax and discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

+1

Take a deep breath and relax and discuss this with your surgeon instead of putting this out to RealSelf for all of us to second guess your surgeon's judgement.  He/she assessed your chest prior to surgery and is surely a better source of information than a bunch of plastic surgeons who have never examined you!

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Implant position after augment

+1

At 24 hours post-op it is far too early to tell what you will look like eventually. There is still a lot of swelling and it looks to me like a lot between your breasts which will camouflage the implant position. Wait at least a month before you start seeing what you will finally look like and it will probably be up to 6 months before all the swelling is gone. I know it is hard to be patient but time is on your side. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+1

Best to compare the before photos. I bet you anatomically are wider set breasts than you realized. 

Breast Augmentation at 24 hours

+1

It looks like you are off to a good start. Your results will develop over the next few weeks,and typically it takes 3 months for the breast to settle down after Breast Augmentation, and more subtle changes will occur out to a year, especially if your muscle and breast implant pocket was tight. 

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon