I Was Wondering if You Areola is Above the Crease Line? Could I Get Away with Just Implants W/o a Lift? (photo)

I absolutely do not want the vertical scar from a lift. would implnts alone look ok? or is there another option in my situation? circumareola lift? high profile, larger implant?

Lift or just implants?

+2

Depending on what your goals are, you could go with just implants. They would provide fullness in the upper area of your breast and increase the size. I find that the best way to determine the size implant is to try them in a bra and then put a form fitting shirt on too. That will give you an idea as to what you would look like with that size implant. Just an implant, however, will not raise the nipple. So if you are happy with that--and your nipple is actually in a fairly normal position for larger breasts--then by all means go with an implant. And wear a good supporting bra to minimize the effects of gravity. A lift will reposition the nipple and areola higher, but at the expense of scars. In my experience, a circumareolar lift does leave noticeable scars and can make the shape of the breast less natural. You would need to see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes but you would need a very large implant like in the 450 to 500 cc range. Seek in person evaluations. 

Breast lift or implants

+2

You are borderline as far as needing a lift done.  You could certainly undergo just implants at this time, but Imwould caution you against going too large, as this could accelerate the saggingand probably also cause your areola to stretch out.  The lift could always be done as a secondary surgery if you feel you need it, but a vertical lift would still be the best choice.  If you undergo a periareoar lift only, your areolae will really get stretched out a lot. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Augmentation without lift in Grade 1 ptosis

+2

Thanks for the inquiry and the great pictures.  If you were my patient I would let you consider an augmentation without a lift BUT with the warning you would have a droopier look. To have the best result I would reccomend that you get a peri-areolar lift.  Good luck. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Lift or implants

+2

I think based solely on your photos, you may be a good candidate for an implant and circumareola lift. Of course, an exam in person would be beneficial.

Breast Lifting Necessary?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your breasts are in a somewhat “borderline” position when it comes to the necessity for breast lifting. In other words, it is possible that you will get away without a breast lift, depending on your goals. It would be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight (if not there already)  prior to undergoing the breast procedure.

I would suggest in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.

Likely some lift indicated

+2

Plastic surgeons always try to accomplish the best result with as minimal scarring as possible.  Your photos seem to show a very minor degree of nipple ptosis (grade 1 of 3 at the most, the nipple close to the level of the fold), but moderate pseudoptosis especially on the left (the lower breast resting on the lower chest wall).

Therefore, an implant with a minimal scar lift (circumareolar) should yield a nice result without the need for a more major lift as with a vertical or "lollipop" scar.  Your areolae are somewhat wide and this type of lift can also help to decrease that diameter a bit.

A higher profile implant is always better to improve mild droopiness but be cautious about too large an implant which can lead to stretching of the tissues and recurrent droopiness.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy with Implant?

+2

Thank you for the pictures. From the views you have provided you certainly seem to be a candidate for a periareolar mastopexy with implant. However this will be dependent on the size of implant placed. In other words, what cup size are you willing to accept post operatively? You would also benefit from having the implant placed in a dual, sub muscular plane.

Having said that, you need an in-person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon for a more detailed and accurate opinion. Opinions rendered from a picture, over the internet, without the ability to talk to the patient are less than adequate.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Could I Get Away with Just Implants W/o a Lift?

+2

From what I am looking at in your photos, your breasts are rather low on the chest wall (and that is a "normal" variant and isn't something that can be changed) and the nipple and areola are borderline low. 

Some women with low areolae really need a lift if they want implants. I don't think you are in that category. Unless you think your areolae are too low, you do not need to have a lift if you get implants. 

If you were to decide that a lift is what you want, a circumareolar lift should suffice.

Thanks for your question and for the photos. Best wishes. 

Breast implants without a breast lift

+1

Thank you for your question. From your photographs the answer to your question is yes you can simply have breast augmentation without a lift. However if following your breast augmentation at 6 months the nipples look too low you can consider a breast lift at that time. For a discussion on breast lift please see the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS