I hit my head 3 yrs ago, it formed a bump on my forehead, made of bone (right side). Can this be removed by a surgeon? (photos)

The bump has been there for 3 years and nothing seems to be happening to it, it hasnt gone down nothing. Ive been very self consious about this bump. Please help. Thank you for reading this.

Bump on forehead after trauma

The bump is likely "bone scar tissue", which acts like osteoma or bone growth.  This can be shaved or drilled or filed down through small incisions behind the hairline.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead Bump after Trauma

This bump can develop after forehead trauma; in fact; I have one just like it. If this bothers you it can be filed down.

After trauma in the forehead, it is possible to form a boney bump. If this proves to be bone on x-ray then it can be smoothed by surgery

Forehead bump treatment.

Forehead bump treatment can be removed IF it is thickening of the bone as shown on MRI. See a surgeon who is experienced with this surgery. 

Trauma causing forehead bump

Hello and thanks for your question.
There might have been a trauma to the forehead which caused the bony covering, periosteoum to create swelling and excessive bone. It can be corrected by either shaving or drilling or filling it down.
Results are typically really good on long term basis.
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS