How many days should you wait to remove the stitches, after getting a facial mole removed via punch method?

Hello, I had a small but raised facial mole removed on my face (near the corner of my lip) 2 days ago. The dermatologist removed it via punch method. This method required I get stitches, the total length of the stitched area is probably just over half an inch. I was wondering how long I need to wait before getting the stitches removed? I initially heard 7 days from one nurse after the procedure. But when I called back to make sure, I heard 10 days. Please let me know, thank you.

Stitch removal

+1
Typically, I remove stiches from the facial area in 5-7 days. This depends on the patient's age, medications, overall health, and area of the face sutured.  I would advise you to call your physician's office and have them clarify exactly when the stitches should be removed. Best wishes. 

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
I typically remove sutures in 3-5 days on the face for someone with normal healing parameters.  It is frustrating when you get mixed messages.  I would ask to speak with your doctor directly to gain his/her advice.  Best of luck.  

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon