To Lift or Not to Lift? 350cc, 375cc or 400cc. (photo)

I am going for a Mommy Makeover, BA & TT. I am 5'1", currently weigh 120lbs. I breastfed 3 kids, and lost 65lbs...At my top weight my breasts were a D cup. I am now a 34 A (31" around the band, 35" around the breast) and would like to be a nice full C cup. I don't want to have ginormous boobs; I want to look proportionate to my body. My plan is to get HP cohesive gel, under the muscle. Will I need a lift with the 350's? I am torn between 350 & 400 cc's.

Breast Lift

+2
Based on the pictures posted, you do not need a lift. The size of the implant is based on the measurement of the breast. That will give the most natural and least potential complications in the future.

To Lift or Not to Lift? 350cc, 375cc or 400cc.

+2

You will get a very nice result without a lift. As to implant size, either will work for you. Let your surgeon know what size you are trying to achieve and he will make the final decision by using sizers (test implants) in you during surgery.

Breast Lifts and Implant Size

+2

I think you have the easiest and best result without a lift.  To fill out the excess skin as opposed to cutting it away use the larger implant....400 or so.  Make sure your surgeon is ABPS certified and a Fellow of the American College of surgeons.  My Best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

A lift is not always necessary

+2

Thanks for your pic and question. I think an experienced plastic surgeon can perform what we call a dual plane dissection and place the implant is a subpectoral pocket. The gland is released partially from the muscle and allows a slight rotation of the breast. This would negate the need for an incision around the areola. You appear to have a fair amount of breast tissue. I don't think you need 400CC of additional volume. Personally I would lean toward a Moderate Plus profile smooth round gel implant. This size is chosen based on your base diameter of your breast. I don't think you need the round appearance. Also the HP implants have a tendency to compress the breast tissue more and put pressure on the rib cage that can cause a concavity. Best of Luck with whatever route you choose!

To lift or not

+2

Breast lift is about nipple postion and if the nipple center is above the breast fold, the implant alone should look well. Remember a lift will result in a scar that can be hard to live with. Even an around the nipple lift can have an unattractive scar, and the relapse and nipple stretch is quite high. Implant profiles are a personal choice and be sure you understand the HP is right for you.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

+2

If the pocket dissection is done in a certain way, I think you can avoid a breast lift.  This is only an opinion.  If you find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations a year, I think you will get a good result.  You should also find a surgeon who does hundreds of breast lifts a year, so that you are positive in the advice given.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Breast Lift Necessary? Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I can understand the reason for your "dilemma” when it comes to the need for breast lifting surgery, I personally do not see the need for breast lifting in your case. Of course, your plastic surgeon is a much better position, than online consultants can be to give you good advice after direct physical examination and a full communication of your goals.

When it comes to selecting the best breast implants size/profile to meet patients' goals with breast augmentation surgery, thebest online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C cup” or "proportionate" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Mommy make-over lift or not?

+2

One of the things to consider in your case is whether or not you want to have additional incisions (permanent scars) for a lift or accept a result that has a tear-drop shape and just a tiny bit of looseness at the bottom. Since you are small-framed I suspect that a 350-400cc implant will fill out your breasts quite completely. I would consider possibly doing a circum-areolar reduction only. This would give you just the little bit of lift you need, keep your areolas from stretching further and result in an acceptable scar that would blend into the edge of the areolas. As far as size goes, if you are athletic and exercise regularly, I would suggest the smaller size. Big breasts on short women tend to make them look more matronly and short-waisted.

Diana L. Elias, MD

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift would provide the best breast shape

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  A breast augmentation alone will increase the volume of your breasts as well as improve the upper pole volume.  Your photos do demonstrate a small amount of breast tissue residing below your breast fold.  With an augmentation alone this tissue will still be present below your fold.  It would not necessarily look bad but would not provide for the ideal breast contour.  A breast lift would address this issue as well as elevate the position of the areola.  If you desire a  smaller areola this would also be done at the same time since it is part of the breast lift procedure.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

To Lift or Not To Lift?

+1

Based on your photos, it does not appear that you will need a lift.  I would need to examine the quality and amount of your breast skin envelope as well as take breast measurements and assess your chest wall to make any formal recommendations.  However, just based on your photos, I think you would likely do very well with a dual-plane augmentation.  Best wishes!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com