Mini TT Done 7/2012 Have Been Told by 7 Other Surgeons a Full TT Should Have Been Done, I Am So Fustrated! What to Do?

Mini TT done 07-2012, I am lopsided, Dr said more lipo. Got 7 opinions all said full TT should have been done and scar was too wide and high. My Dr will convert to Full,waive his fee, I pay anesthesiologist fee. I have spent 5K so far. I feel very confident in one Dr I got another opinion from. Total cost is 8K. Do I trust first Dr to save around 6K? I am not rich! Would it be reasonable to ask my Dr for a refund or partial refund? I just want to be done with this I am so fustrated!

Difficult to tell without photographs

+2

I'm sorry for your frustration.  It is difficult for us to advise you without any photographs of your situation.  5k is extremely inexpensive for a tummy tuck.  I would wonder how your first surgery was done and if the surgeon performed all the techniques necessary to resolve your problem.  In your situation, I would compare what each doctor is doing and you need to decide which approach will give you the results you want.  Even though the cost may be greater, it seems as if the doctor you got another opinion from could give you the results that you want. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision

+1

No plastic surgeon has a 100% patient satisfaction rate, not even me!!  Unfortunately, no doctor can guarantee results.  That said, it sounds like your doctor is trying to do everything within his power to make you a happy patient.  The decision to continue with him or to go to someone else is a decision that only you can make. 

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck or Tummy Tuck the First Time?

+1

I must admit that the minitummy tuck suits very few people.  Even when a person has less skin laxity, I find it advantageous to perform a short-scar tummy tuck (same length scar as minitummy tuck but take out two or three times as much skin).  Having said that, if you trust the judgement of the first surgeon, stick with the surgeon.

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

You really have to go with your gut instincts and also what you can afford.  If you the money is the issue, then you many want to save for a while and then go with the more expensive option.  If you still have confidence in your first surgeon then that seems to be the better option financially.  Without seeing pictures of before and after, there is no way for us to comment on what we think should be done surgically.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Told by 7 Other Surgeons a Full TT

+1

You have laid out the problem and the options. In trying to answer this without photos or knowledge of the docs involved, I don't have much on which to base any advice. If before and after photos demonstrated some critical error in judgement, which seems possible but unlikely, I might feel otherwise.

Only you can make this decision. 

All the best.