Advice Needed Regarding Mini Tummy Tuck Done July 2012?

I had a mini tummy tuck July 2012, my surgeon recommended a mini tummy tuck. Six months since my procedure, I am lopsided so with my last visit with my surgeon he has recommended more lipo (no charge) ,Several doctors on Real Self stated I should have had a full tuck and to get a second opinion. My 2 & 3 opinions have recommended full Tucks. My question now is do I go back to my surgeon and tell him of my findings and ask him to make the adjustment, or do I cut my loss and go to another surgeon?

Liposuction after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Pictures would help me determine this quickly.  Is the scar uneven or is there a variable amount of tissue on each side? Were you asymmetric before?  It is possible to have more fat on one side of the body than the other, and lots of people do.  It is also possible that the lopsided nature is due to skin excess on one side.  Hard to say.  I will say that it is very difficult for patients to sort out multiple opinions, and I would pick the surgeon with the best credentials every time

Advice Needed

+1

All I can suggest is that you make an appointment to discuss your options and the second opinion finding. If the surgeon disagrees with the suggestion, I would cut your losses. You will not solve your problem with liposuction as he suggested.

Thanks, best wishes.

Which Doctor to Path Surgery With?

+1

This is a tough call.  My general advice would be to seek additional surgery with the plastic surgeon who you feel is the most capable of achieving the end results you are looking for. As you can imagine, online consultants will not be able to make this determination for you.

You will need to make this decision after doing due diligence on each surgeon's background and experience level. Ask to see lots of examples of each doctor's work…

Picking a surgeon

+1

That is not something that we can easily answer.  You really need to go with your guy instinct.  If your surgeon will convert your surgery to a full tummy tuck, you may want to stay with them.  If they are still insisting on just lipo, then you might want to go with one of the other opinions that you had.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD