I have long droopy nose with a long hump and deviated septum. I'd like to remove the bump and lift the tip of my nose? (photo)

I wanted to ask if it is safe to get hump removed, tip lifted and septum fixed. I don't want to be left with inverted nose. I am pretty conservative. What are the chances of getting inverted nose. Is it safe to get everything fixed in one surgery or should it be done in more than one surgery? Thanks in Advance!

Rhinoplast for the large droopy nose

+1
Rhinoplasty's most common indication is in treatment of the droopy nose with large hump.  Treatment can typically be achieved in one surgery.  Avoidance of the inverted V deformity is achieved by your surgeon being experienced enough to diagnose the tendency for an inverted V to occur in your case and in performing compensatory grafting if your tendency to develop an inverted V after hump reduction is high.  A comprehensive evaluation with a discussion of your aesthetic goals during an in-office visit would be your next course of action if you are serious about changing your appearance.  Hope that helps!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have long droopy nose with a long hump and deviated septum. I'd like to remove the bump and lift the tip of my nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and from the photos provided the nasal tip is wide and there's a large dorsal hump.  The nose can be refined, the hump removed and the nasal tip slightly thinned (if you wish) still leaving the nose appear natural and not with an inverted or "done" appearance.  In order for this to be accomplished, you would need to select your Rhinoplasty Surgeon based on their understanding of the aesthetic principles of beauty.  Experience performing Rhinoplasty alone is simply not enough and no substitute for this aesthetic judgement.

Long Droopy Nose with Hump

+1

Every unwanted characteristic you describe can and should be safely fixed in one rhinoplasty procedure. You will  not get an "inverted" nose if you have an experienced surgeon who strives for natural results do your surgery.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You have some characteristics of an ethic nose, Bulbous tip and large hump. The deviated septum should be fixed at the same time as the hump reduction and tip rotation. In good hands, you shouldn't have any issues.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

+1
All of these things can be accomplished during one surgery.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Deviated septum and Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

People like you who have a combined breathing and cosmetic nasal condition can undergo both components at the same in the majority of cases.  A surgeon who is experienced with both internal and external nasal anatomy would be a good starting point.  No one can guarantee that you will not a revision but revision surgery should be a small percentage of the time.  

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for a long droopy nose and hump removal

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the cartilaginous and bony hump,  slightly tilting the tip upwards, releasing the depressor septi ligament which  pulls the tip down  when smiling, and spreader grafts placed in the upper lateral cartilages to prevent the inverted V. deformity. The deviated septum can also be fixed at the same time. For many examples of nose is similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

It may be best to have your deviated nasal septum repaired at the time of Rhinoplasty Surgery, not separately.

+1

Your septal cartilage may be used to support your tip, or for other grafting purposes during your rhinoplasty surgery. For that reason, it may be best to address your functional and cosmetic issues during the same operation.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Everything you have mentioned is readily addressed in one operation. By inverted nose, I assume you are referring to an inverted V deformity.  This is a relatively rare complication if a rhinoplasty is performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  You would be best served by seeing a surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery, specifically rhinoplasty.  Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Blue.  As always, the definitive answer rests with an in-person consultation and exam.  The concerns you have are feasible rhinoplasty maneuvers.  A "droopy" tip (known medically as tip ptosis) may be addressed via rhinoplasty.  Hump reduction is also feasible.  Repair of a deviated septum (septoplasty) is performed at the same time, this is known as a septo-rhinoplasty. 

Select a surgeon that you feel comfortable with, one who is able to show multiple before and after photos of patients with similar issues.  I hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon