I have large nostrils and a long nose tip. I have decided not to go with a rhinoplasty and want a minor nose surgery. (Photo)

I opted out of having a rhinoplasy . When I push down slightly on the tip, I like what I see. I told the doctor what I want but he said that it will make me look like I have a beak. It does look like a beak if I press down hard but I just want a slight change. When I pull back my columella, my tip looks rounder and fuller. Can the columella be cut and sutured? Would a general surgeon do it? I know exactly what I want, I tried to capture it with these photos. Thanks for reading this and for any advice.

The columella can be cut and sutured

This is a fairly simple procedure that can be done in the office. Any general plastic or facial plastic surgeon could do this. Your tip will still relax downward after the procedure. You also won't address any other areas of the nose with this move. Remember, what you can do with your hand and what is done after surgery has healed are not always the same thing. If you can find a good surgeon who agrees with your plan then you would have a good chance of it working. It would also be relatively easy to reduce the nostril size at the same time if still needed.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon