Aftercare - what does this include? And how much should you expect to get after BA?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a rough outline of what aftercare I should expect to receive after my BA. I have been to several consultations and have been told different things, like a check up 8 weeks after or just 1 checkup 3 months after to check the scars. Another said I would have unlimited aftercare. What exactly is included in aftercare?

Post op care after breast augmentation

+1
My post op care is centered around the patients needs.  Routinely for local patients the first visit is at 1-2 days post op, 2 weeks post op, 1 month, 6 months an then at 1 year.  We never charge for office visits, and our patients are encouraged to call anytime with questions or concerns.  Our out of state patients are seen the day after surgery and then followed via our secure website.  

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

After care following breast augmentation surgery

+1
To start, any time a patient has a concern, they can come in for an appointment even if it was not scheduled before surgery. We want to be notified of any concerns right away. Generally I will see patients the day after surgery, or the following day with an average of 3-4 visits the first two weeks after surgery. An appointment is scheduled at one month, three months, six months and one year. The early post-operative visits are very important to make sure you are comfortable and healing well. 

In addition to these post-operative treatments, scar treatments with a V-Beam laser are included at no charge for all of my aesthetic surgery patients to accelerate healing of incisions and minimize any scarring.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

I provide patients with a detailed handout about aftercare, my cell phone number, and prescriptions for pain meds and antibiotics.  I see patients 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year after their surgical date in most cases.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Aftercare Breast Augmentation

+1

I usually see patients one week, two weeks, three months, and one year after breast augmentation surgery. If there are any complications or concerns, I will see the patient at any time. Scar management is discussed during one of the routine post op visits.

A RN calls our patients the day after surgery.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

This will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  Following Breast Augmentation surgery my patients are seen the following day, then 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 month and 1 year later.  However, I am available to see my patients at any time following their surgery if they have issues or concerns.  Be sure to clarify with your surgeon as to what specifically is included in his or her aftercare.

Frank Lista, MD

Aftercare

+1
The first visit my involve removing sutures or steristrips, and instructions regarding massage, and most surgeons see their patients about a week after surgery.
After that, practices vary considerably. When issues arise, we will see patients at any time. Otherwise, the routine visits in my office are at 2-3 months, and 6 months. These are to monitor healing, and to watch for problems that could occur without the patient being aware of such. Post op visits are typically short and simple, and involve a brief exam, and review of the outcome.
All the best. 

Breast Surgery

+1
If everything goes perfectly I see patients at 1 week, 4 weeks, 3 months than yearly and of course I see any patient with any issues at any time

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC