Which procedure would be best for my crooked nose and snoring problem? (photos)

I have had a septoplasty done already due to chronic sinusitis & snoring. I still have trouble breathing through my left side and my snoring is worse than it was before. I went back to my doctor & he said i was fine, got a second opinion & he says i need another septoplasty. It's not only the fact that i can't breathe through my nose for long periods of time or the snoring bother me, but the fact that my nose is noticeably crooked and very thin at the bridge. Would dermal fillers fix my problem? The bride of my nose seems to be getting thinner every year. It's also noticeably crooked and whenever i smile it looks WORSE! What would be my best option?

Crooked nose and snoring

+2
Correcting the crooked nose after septoplasty can be challenging. Using rhinoplasty and rib cartilage the deviated septum and twisted tip can be corrected using functional rhinoplasty. Snoring can be alleviated because the two major sites of resistance are the inferior turbinate and nasal valve. Addressing both of these site may alleviate the snoring. A thorough workup for sleep apnea is warranted. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose , Breathing Problems

+2
With the appearance of your nose I would expect you to have breathing problems. The deviates and the very narrow mid-portion of your nose causing collapse of your nasal valves will seriously obstruct airflow. A surgical procedure with cartilage grafts will be necessary to improve nasal function. Dermal fillers will not improve nasal breathing.

Crooked nose repair and snoring

+1
The Crooked nose must be repaired surgically with osteotomies  applied to the nasal bones. Additionally  a spreader graft composed of the patient's own cartilage can be inserted on the concave side.
Snoring  is a Harmonic vibration of the soft palate and has nothing to do with rhinoplasty. If there is a deviated septum present or  additional nasal obstruction,  medications or surgery can improve the  air flow through the nose  which may have some benefit on snoring.   Fillers placed inside the nose will not straighten it. 

How to fix breathing problems through the nose

+1
Dear egarci44,

• The septum could still be deviated and would need to be addressed
  • Since your nose is crooked and narrow at the bridge, placement of supporting spreader grafts and rim grafts will help stabilize the nose, and straighten it so you can breathe better
  • I would seek out a rhinoplasty specialist with experience in functional rhinoplasty

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD