Outside Edges of Eyes Slant Downward After Transjunctivial Bilateral Bleph on Lower Eyelids

I am 10 days post-op. I had bilateral upper bleph. and bilateral lower transjunctivial bleph. The upper lids are healing nicely, but I am concerned about the appearance of the new shape of my eyes. When I look in the mirror, the outside edges of my eyes slant downward, giving me a sad look. Will this shape change or will I have to schedule another surgery? How long should I wait to have a re-do?

Post-blepharoplasty

+1

It is important to keep your eyes lubricated at this time.

The lower eyelid could sag either from weak eyelid muscle or from tight lower lid skin.  I recommend a proper oculoplastic consulation for treatment options.

Dr T.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rounding of the eyelids likely due to swelling following blepharoplasty

+1

Dear Becky - it is difficult to tell this early after surgery but your issues are likely due to swelling and/ or weakness in the muscle that closes the eyes. Your surgeon will be able to assess this at your next visit. Taping of the eyelids, massage and squinting exercises are often helpful. Either way, it is best to delay any revision surgery for many months to allow you to heal.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon