Edema or Product?

I had a sculptra touch up 2 days ago. The morning after my treatment I woke up with a 2 cm circular pocket of edema or product under my L eye medial to center of eye. When I pressed it it slowly deflated. I pressed against the orbital rim and downward. It made the crepitus sound as i pressed. My doctor does say he did work close to the orbital rim when I called and asked did I blow my nose? (No). It did not reoccur this morning so not edema ?? What can I expect and what is worse case scenario.

Edema or Product?

+1

Thank you for your question. This type of edema should resolve over a week or two.  I would sleep with head elevated, apply some cool packs over the area.  Follow up with your Dr. and have the area monitored and make it is healing as anticipated. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sculptra and Edema

+1

Sculptra is diluted in liquid and the amount of liquid injected varies from physician to physician.  It would be typical to have early swelling after the injections due to the liquid.  With time the swelling will resolve.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra is injected with water

+1

Sculptra is injected with a lot of water. The swelling that you are seeing is related to that water and probably some swelling from the needle injections. The fluid can sometimes pool around the eyes but will resolve over time as your body absorbs the fluid. While this is initially frustrating, it should not cause any permanent problems with edema.

Web reference: http://www.sculptradoctor.com/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Crepitus after injection with Sculptra

+1

While it's normal to have swelling 2 days after an injection with Sculptra, it's unusual to have any crepitus.  I would follow up with your physician for an in person exam to rule out potential pathogenic causes such as infection.  

Sculptra

+1

It is normal to have some swelling after Sculptra treatment, however it is unusual to have the crepitus sound.  I would highly recommend that you consult with your physician regarding your concerns.