Are These Results Possible/Realistic? (photo)

Hey Doctors! I'm a 17 year old male from WI and am thinking about getting rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I took some pictures of me and i edited them with a basic plastic surgery program. On both of the before and afters I increased my chin size, decreased the tip of my nose, and increased the bridge of my nose for a more masculine shape. My question is, do you think that the editing that I've done to my face could be a realistic outcome? Or are the "afters" too dramatic to be a reality?

Realistic goals for rhinoplasty in chin implant

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. You will need a formal examination by a plastic surgeon and be aware that more feeding with a computer does not exactly replicate the results of a rhinoplasty.

That said however I do think your general expectations are realistic.

And be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in rhinoplasty, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Realistic rhinoplasty expectations using morphing software?

+1

Only a close examination of your true facial structures by an experienced surgeon can determine how realistic your expectations are. Morphed pictures can give you very rough idea of what to expect, but can be quite inaccurate in predicting the reality of tissue manipulation.

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Realistic rhinoplasty expectations

+1

yes - they look realistic

i will say however that you appear to have relatively thick skin.  so be careful in your expectations.  a nose like yours is one in which it is difficult to creat a lot of fine contour details.  look for gross changes such as large shape and size chagnes.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Realistic Goals in Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

The improvement of your nose after morphing does show realistic goals for a rhinoplasty. You need to consult with a specialist to refine and clarify exactly what would be done.

This can likely be achieved; perhaps even better!

+1

Computer video imaging (or self-plastic surgery morph programs) can be valuable tools in communicating goals with prospective surgeons. This is just one step, but after a personal evaluation and listening to your requests, an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon may well be able to give you results similar to or even better than the photos you included above.

I certainly agree with the addition of an anatomic chin implant to balance your facial features. You are on the right track! See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with years of experience in cosmetic rhinoplasty and chin augmentation, and you should be able to achieve a fabulous result. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon