What Should I Be Eating For My Liquid Diet Before My TT?

can someone please tell me all what you can eat for the liquid diet. My surgery date is the 24th

Diet before tummy tuck

+1

There is no need for a liquid diet prior to tummy tuck. YOu should eat healthy and not change your diet considerably before tummy tuck or any surgery. You should lose as much weight to be as close to your ideal weight as possible but you should not do this as a crash diet or rapid weight loss. Such a rapid weight loss can deplete your protein stores and inhibit wound healing. 

If you can not lose weight and your surgeon believes you are still a good candidate then fine, but again, the closer you are to your ideal weight loss, the better the result you will be. 

One problem I see occasionally are patients who feel that the surgery will remove any weight gain so they lose discipline and gain weight. This approach will only decrease the quality of your ultimate result. 

You seem like a patient who just wants to do the right thing and is strictly trying to "do it the right way". I applaud this approach. I hope these thoughts help you and wish you the best for your upcoming surgery. 

No need for Liquid Diet before a Tummy Tuck

+1

Liquid diets are not common before any surgery except maybe when it involves the intestine. There is no evidence that a liquid diet before or after a tummy tuck is any better than a regular diet. The main thing is not to eat or take anything by mouth the day of surgery (typically 6 to 8 hours before) unless directed to do so by your doctor. After surgery, most patients eat when they have an appetite and regular food can be taken within 24 hours and typically sooner. 

If your surgeon recommended a liquid diet the day before your procedure, then you need to check with their office as to what is recommended. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

+1

I am not sure who recommended this. If it is your surgeon, address your question to the office. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.