Ear Otoplasty Swelling Where the Stitches Were??

Hi my procedure was done a month ago, my ears still kinda hurt and one of the ears is still a little swollen on that ear where the stitchings were and where it was cut, it's swollen like the scar is swollen, I quit don't know how to explain it, but that's how it pretty much is it kind of look like a small keloid scar(I'm Caucasian btw). It sort of burns when you touch it and like it's only the top part not the bottom. I hope you understood what I was trying to say. Is that normal? What is it?

Prolonged redness after otoplasty (ear pinning)

+1

Judging from your multiple previous posts, I would highly recommend that you return to your original surgeon even if they are located at a distance or at least contact them by phone. You may require surgery or steroid injections

Prolonged Ear Correction (Otoplasty) Swelling

+1

A month after Otoplasty much of the swelling should be gone. The ear will not feel soft for a few months but there should not be specific warm or tender areas. To be safe you should visit your surgeon to make sure you do not have an infection. A prominent scar can be modulated with a variety of scar creams if everything else is normal.

Dr. Aldea

Ear otoplasty swelling where the stitches were?

+1

Recovery from these procedures will vary from patient to patient depending on which exact procedures you had. Typically, after about a week and a half, you should feel good enough to go into public places. After about three weeks, most of the bruising and swelling should have subsided. At the end of 6-8 weeks, you should be feeling back to normal. It can take up to a year for you to fully heal and your scars to mature. I would follow up with your doctor just to make sure everything is healing properly and there are no other issues.

Best regards,
Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD