Can I Eat Oats Mixed Vanilla Protein Whilst Completing at Home Teeth Whitening?

I have been using 'Polanight' overnight 16% at home trays in an attempt to whiten my teeth. I have used them for the past 5 nights. In the first 2 days I ate Chicken/Turkey/White Fish, White Rice, Cottage Cheese, Milk and Egg whites. The past couple of days I have had Oats mixed with vanilla protein powder, is this okay to eat whilst completing this treatment?

Tooth Whitening Foods

+1

Oats and protein powder won't be a problem, it seems like you're doing fine. Long term, just keep in mind that you should use a whitening toothpaste at least part of the time and that your whitening should be touched up about once a year.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Food to Avoid While Bleaching Teeth

+1

Hiu Crafty...oats along with vanilla protein powder will not disturb your bleaching process. Foods to avoid are the ones that would stain your teeth such as beets, hot or cold teas, coffee, wines and the like. Happy bleaching and enjoy your new white smile

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Fine to eat oats

+1

Yes, you should be fine to eat oats with vanilla protein.  The object is to avoid anything that would stain.  Colored soda, teas, coffee, wine, etc... are examples of things to avoid.  If your oats with vanilla are colored you may want to avoid them for now.  It sounds like you are doing a good job avoiding the staining foods and liquids though, keep it up during your whitening process and you should be fine.

Don W. Ririe, DDS
Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Can I eat oats after whitening

+1

Yes you should avoid anything with color for 24 hours good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist