Can I Eat Lettuce After Teeth Whitening?

Is It Ok to Eat a Lettuce the Day I Get my Teeth Whitened?

Lettuce is OK to eat after tooth whitening

+3

Lettuce won't be a problem, although other items in a salad, like cranberries, could be. Long term, just keep in mind that you should use a whitening toothpaste at least part of the time and that your whitening should be touched up about once a year.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Avoid Colored Food/Drink After Whitening for at least 24 hours

+2

My suggestion is to avoid staining foods like red wine, blueberries, and tomato sauce after whitening.  Use a straw if you need your coffee fix or want a dark soda pop drink. 

Whitening is a process and since it is ongoing, just keep whitening and use a toothpaste made to help with your process like Supersmile Toothpaste or Starbrite Toothpaste.  Once you have completed your whitening, you can refresh your smile periodically for maintenance.

Lettuce is fine, just no dark salad dressing!  Much success-Keep smiling

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Yes - keep eating your salads!

+1

Lettuce should be fine after whitening.  Although the teeth do become slightly frosted after whitning (for just a short time) - and can be stained (temporary) by dark liquids like red wine, coffee, etc - most foods are fine.

Whitening is one of the cosmetic dental procedures that is very effective and very safe.  In-office Whitening (fast) and tray whitening (still fast and long term) work on almost all patients.  Even Crest strips, which may be too slow for most patients, still work a little bit.

Lots of happy patients with whitening!

Plano Cosmetic Dentist

Avoid staining foods 24-48 hours after tooth whitening

+1

A good rule of thumb as to what foods and drinks to avoid for 24-48 hours immediately following tooth whitening is this:  If you would drop or spill it on a white shirt and it would leave a stain, avoid it.  Lettuce should be fine. Some commom items to avoid:  coffee, tea, red wine, dark sodas, blueberries, curry, etc.  If you must drink coffee or tea, do so through a straw or coffee stirrer. 

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist