Is It Easy to Get Rid of a Piggish, Bulbous Nose?

I had what one would say a strong nose. It was a long elegant nose. I wanted it slimmer and ended up getting a short, bulbous, piggish looking nose. Because my nose was made a lot shorter cartilage has to be added. How will the doctor get rid of it looking piggish and bulbous? I hope he can. I did have a nicer nose before. Will I get it back? Is it possible to have it look really great? How I originally wanted it?

From long to short nose

+1

You don't mention how far post surgery you are - many of the short, piggish features you describe can be seen at a few weeks post-op but will resolve as swelling and stiffness of the nose reduce

Short, Piggish, Bulbous Nose

+1

It sounds like you lost significant structural support with the first rhinoplasty. As you stated, cartilage grafts will be necessary to lengthen the nose and establish definition. Pick an established, experienced revision surgeon because this will be a very challenging operation.

Getting rid of piggish nose

+1

It sounds like you had an over resected nose with retraction and loss of support. This translates in practical terms to a shorter, fatter, more bulbous nose. Many inexperienced or less than talented nose surgeons  will take a  nose that is too large and weaken its support structure in order to make it smaller. You now have to build up and strengthen the support structure to counteract the problems you have acquired. This should be done using your own cartlage and bone if available, by someone with extensive experience in this type of work ( i.e. revision rhinoplasty )

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

It is difficult to comment on your question without seeing photos and examining you.  It is possible to get back to where you started with building it back up.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You have to be realistic regarding the results.

Rhinoplasty is a difficult operation, revision rhinoplast is more difficult to predict the results.

Lengthening the nose can be done by many techniques and once the nose is lengthened then the pin nose appearance will improve.