How Easy is It to Fracture a Nose 3 Days Post Op?

I had a septoplasty, turbinate reduction and open reduction nasal fracture done 3 days ago. There was a lot of damage from when I broke it 20+ years ago. I am still bleeding though not as bad and still badly swollen. Today my son accidentally head butted me center of my nose very hard. Now it is even more painful and sea to be more swollen. What are the chances it reversed what the surgeon did? I have to leave the splints and the cast on for at least 3 weeks. Scared to death, please help!

Mobility of nasal bones immediately after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal bones will still be very mobile 3 days after surgery, so any impact could certainly shift their position.  This is also good, though, because even if the bones have moved they can be repositioned correctly.  Don't panic and follow up with your surgeon.  

Septoplasty and Open Reduction Nasal Fracture surgery

+1

See your surgeon asap and discuss the events regarding the post operative trauma to the nose. Upon direct examination the surgeon will be able to provide a proper diagnosis. I will doubt that it reversed the surgical procedures done however for peace of mind see your surgeon.  Do protect your investment watch children, dogs, flying objects from children's hands etc during your recovery. Accidents do happen and this is not an uncommon event so don't be "scared to death." Best regards and quick healing to you! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com