I had Botox around my eyes. Its been 3 weeks and the lines are even deeper. Is this normal?

Deeper lines after Botox

+2
One should not get deeper lines in the treated areas after Botox.  Occasionally patients have this perception because the lateral periorbital fibers, where the smile lines are outside the corner of the eyes, become smoother with treatment and then the untreated areas such as beneath the eyes look more obvious. Another possibility could be that the smile lines are very extensive, and a second row for the lateral smile lines is needed. Recruitment of the untreated, more lateral area would make the lines look deeper.

Most likely, your dermatologist took photos, and a return visit with a comparison of the before and after shots will sort things out.

Botox not working

+2
It is unusual for Botox to make lines worse if by lines about the eyes you mean the laugh lines or crows feet about the lateral orbit.Most wrinkles are caused by the pull of active local muscles over the years.Some people's facial muscles are thicker and stronger than others and require a higher dose for optimal improvement.Some doctors and/or para professionals dilute the Botox with too much saline and that can decrease its effectiveness.Much sure you are dealing with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Deeper Lines After Botox

+1
It is unusual for the lines to be deeper after your Botox treatment. It is possible, however, that once an area is treated with Botox, you may start to feel that the lines in other areas are deeper, however, this may just be in comparison to the lines that were softened from your treatment. It is important to look at a photo of yourself from before your treatment, so you can determine if in fact the lines are deeper or if other lines appear deeper to you in comparison.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
Botox is intended to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and fourhead, if your seeing deeper lines then before I suggest you follow up with your provider 

Botox around the Eyes

+1
Botox around the eyes for the crow's feet works amazingly well.  I have never seen the lines get deeper.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in facial injections and Botox.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox and facial lines

+1
Without knowing where the botox was placed or what  you look like it is impossible to comment. Best to post photos with animation as well.

Worse Lines After Botox

+1
I have never seen this happen.  Please post photos for us to help you better answer your question.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

+1
If you post before and after photos, we can better advise you and make much more useful comments.  Best!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Lines deeper around eyes 3 weeks after Botox

+1
I would not say that it is normal to have deeper lines around the eyes 3 weeks after a Botox treatment.  You really would need to be examined to determine what might be causing the issue and to determine what might be done to improve it.  I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you so that you can be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon