Is there some type of manual massage with my fingers I can do to get rid of the ripples above my bellybutton? Is it cellulite?

I've left four messages at my doctor's office with this question and got No return call. In his post op instructions, it says therapeutic massage is helpful. What does that mean. Should I be massaging above my bellybutton with my fingers like I would manipulate cellulite?

Skin dimpling, folds or creases following VAser

+1

Thank for your question.

What you describing sounds like 'umbilical hooding'' -this is a common problem of poor skin retraction around belly button.

Wearing sponge padding or a stiffened plate padding on umbilicus under your garment will help to improve it. You have to lift the skin up towards your upper abdomen when applying this additional pressure -so it stays that way all day when you have to sit down etc.

Manual lymphatic drainage massage and Radio-frequency treatment sometimes helpful.

However, try to get a review with your surgeon.

London Dermatologist

+1

This is difficult to answer without an exam. What to do will depend upon what exactly is going on and how far along you are in your recovery. I would try to call the surgeon's office or drop in for a visit. I am available to my patients at the office, by phone, and by email.