Outer ear surgery

Not sure of the proper term for the ears I have but I want them fixed. They're not Darwin's tubercle or pixie ears. It's like the outer part never 'curled' in. Any suggestions for surgery?

Ear Surgery -- Otoplasty

+1

The shape of your ear can be modified, and your ears can be brought closer to your head if needed. Plastic surgeons refer to the procedure as "otoplasty," and it is relatively straightforward and causes minimal discomfort. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon whose website indicates that otoplasty is performed at the practice--not every plastic surgeon is experienced in the procedure.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Outer ear surgery

+1

Yes, the shape of the ear can be changed as you have suggested.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA