Vertical Breast Reduction?

im 20 years old, im 5'8" and i weigh about 150lbs. i have size 36 G breasts. i have constant back and neck pain that makes my daily life (college classes, work, exercise, etc) difficult and im starting to get desperate. After some more research, i think i would like the vertical/lollipop reduction. i think i prefer the shape and perkiness of the reductions i've seen with this technique. would i be able to get a reduction to around a C with this surgery? what are the risks versus the anchor scar?

Vertical vs anchor breast reductions

+2

First of all, not all anchor reductions are done the same way.  Those with an inferior pedicle blood flow pattern are more prone to flattening and bottoming out than those with a central pedicle blood flow technique.  That's more technical than you would understand but I mention it so you can ask doctors what they do.  In my opinion, an anchor reduction is a three dimensional operation which allows the surgeon to shape and remove excess breast tissue and skin and optimize the shape.  Restricting the use of the crease incision makes more of a two dimensional operation and one which is more prone to bottom heaviness and a vertical limb length that is too long to stand the test of time.

In the end the result you get depends on the surgeon you go to (no 2 are the same) and the quality and nature of your breast tissue and skin.  Good luck!

Best Technique for Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, it sounds like you will be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.

As you can see, if you ask enough plastic surgeons the same question,  you will eventually hear the answer you are hoping to hear.  
 If I were in your shoes, I would concentrate on due diligence in the selection of plastic surgeon.  This careful selection, as opposed to selecting a plastic surgeon who will do the operation you are hoping for,  will be the most important decision you make when it comes to the successful achievement of your goals.

Many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the  breast reduction at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in breast size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Avoid the vertical scar breast reduction

+1

If you wear size 36 G and desire C then that would require 4 cup reduction, which is 800 grams.  This is a large quantity and may not give you the perkiness you desire.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction, which creates upper pole fullness, maintains cleavage, reshaping the breast and elevates it higher on the chest wall.  Pain is relieved by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle.  There are no vertical scars or boat anchor shaped incisions as in the Wise pattern.  This is an alternative that you should consider.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Vertical scar (short scar) breast reduction for heavy breasts

+1

Vertical scar (short scar) breast reduction will work beautifully for very large breasts as well as. I exclusively perform liposuction assisted short scar breast reductions in any size breast. Liposuction helps to contour and remove the excess fat from the armpit as well as inframammary fold, so anchor shape big incision is avoided.

see a lot of before and after pictures and decide for yourself.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast reduction

+1

Without seeing you, it is hard to say what technique would be best for  you. Obviously, we like to offer patients the least amount of incisions, but the liklelihood with "G" breasts to have a vertical is probably low.

Vertical patttern breast reduction

+1

We like the vertical pattern breast reduction very much as well. Though a C-cup might be possible most will fit a D-cup after reduction. The risks are the same as T pattern reduction, and actually healing issues are fewer with a vertical reduction. There are very good results with both techniques, but some practices have been slow to adopt the vertical or short scar procedure.

Anchor pattern breast reductions have good shaping

+1

I've only been in practice for 4 years, but my breast reduction technique has gone through a few evolutions over the past 150 reductions that I've done. I'm currently favoring the superior medial pedicle 'vertical' breast reduction with an anchor pattern scar. This technique permits maximum flexibility in breast shaping and long-term shape results are excellent.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS