Upper Bleph, Wrinkle/skin Fold? (photo)

I am in my mid 20's and had slight hooding in my upper lids. I got upper blep 7 days ago and just got my sutures out yesterday (I had dissolving and non-dissolving that ran under my skin). I have a wrinkle/skin fold in my one lid. Could that be due to swelling (I don't feel swollen) or was not enough skin taken off? It looks hooded.

Upper Bleph, Wrinkle/skin Fold?

+1

Allow yourself some time to recover and then reevaluate in a few months. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Upper Bleph, Wrinkle/skin Fold?

+1

Allow a few weeks of healing before complaining about this issue. Swelling in the incision can take a few months to subside. 

Too high upper eyelid incision placement

+1

The generally accepted location for an upper eyelid incision is at the level of the supratarsal crease.  This crease is located 7 - 9  mm above the eyelash line.  To me it appears that your incision was made in a very high position.  Pre-operative photos would be helpful to understand your anatomy.  The fold that you are seeing is the natural crease that is found at the top of a cartilage plate that forms the edge of your eyelid.  Generally the incision is made to mimic this crease thus hiding it in a natural position. 

Upper Eyelid Incision Placement

+1

Without examining you in person, I can't say for sure... but to my eye, it looks like your incision was placed above the eyelid crease. This makes the eyelid look like there are two creases rather than one. I think this is what you mean when you say it seems hooded.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon