Non-surgical Eyelid Lift To Tighten Skin?

I had bleph a little over a week ago and my one eye lid is wrinkled. It looks like there is a crease that goes from the outer corner of my lid to the middle of the lid, right in the center. A doctor on here suggested that he may have made the incision above the crease. Anyway, is there some type of laser treatment to tighten the skin on my upper lids? And what is the cost, generally.

Non-surgical Eyelid Lift To Tighten Skin

+1
Great question. There are non-surgical techniques that can address minimal skin laxity of the eyelids including lasers. Much of the skin redundancy you are seeing may be due to normal post operative swelling. The fact that one eye is different from the other is also not uncommon since the swelling can be asymmetrical. Usually the swelling accumulates just above the incision line and can last for weeks and even months. If you still feel that there is significant skin laxity down the road, a fractionated CO2 laser treatment might help tighten that skin. Best of luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

At one week, please give the result some time to develop.  It is very early to consider additional surgery or intervention.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tightening lid skin

+1

can be done with lasers are it is the most direct way of dealing with mild redundancies.  If you have excessive skin, it would be best to simply have a revision of your lids.  However, you must wait until you are completely healed as your concerns may disappear with time.

Curtis Wong, MD

One week after blepharoplasty too early to decide about excess skin.

+1

It's much too early to make a pronouncement about whether or not more skin should be taken at her tightened after blepharoplasty.

There are a number of non surgical ways to tighten eyelids and raise the eyebrows

+1

Botox can create a browlift by relaxing the muscles that pulls the corner of the eyebrow down. That way the "elevators" of the brow or the muscles that pull them up work unopposed creating a lift.

Longer lasting treatments can be achieved with Ulthera tightening of the brow. Also, Fractional CO2 laser treatment of the upper eyelid and area under the brow can tighten this area. One such treatment using the DOT matrix laser is called a "Madonna Lift."

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Healing after eyelid surgery

+1

You are only one week so you should wait at least 3-6m before considering any type of touch up. Depending on what you need, further options can be discussed. If this is your only complaint one week out then I suggest you hang in there and all will be well. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Best Non-Surgical Treatment of Lax Eyelid Skin

+1

Hi L,

Fractionated CO2 laser can tighten lax skin of the upper and lower eyelids.  I have a great deal of experience with Fraxel repair laser.  There has been a very high patient satisfaction rate for this treatment.  Although fractionated CO2 laser does not accomplish as much tightening as the older 100%  CO2 laser resurfacing, it has a much lower complication rate, and does not result in hypopigmentation.  As with any facial aesthetic procedure, it is important that you choose your physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P 

Michael A. Persky, MD

Too early to judge the final result after a blepharoplasty

+1

If it has been less than a week after your surgical procedure you certainly need more time before you judge the final result.  

Eyelid crease after upper lid bleph

+1

You are so early in the healing process that it isn't yet the time to speculate as to whether you will need followup treatment.  You really need to have patience, allow the healing to continue and keep following up with your surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Eyelid incision and wrinkling

+1

A laser might work for this problem. Or a revision surgery. Ask your surgeon to get the best advice.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon