Upper Bleph For Mild Case of Hooding 6 Days Ago, and Got Sutures Removed Today?

(I'm 26) It looks like a fold that goes from the outter corner of my eyelid to the center, right in the middle of my eyelid. I was wondering if that could be swelling or if not enough skin was removed. From a distance, you can't tell. It looks like an even eyelid crease on both eyes, but up close, you can tell.

+1

Pictures would help in this one.  Allow yourself some time to recover and then reevaluate in a few months.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Blepharoplasty and incisions

+1

At 6 days out after a blepharoplasty, most patients have swelling and this may contribute to the appearance.

Upper eyelid fold after a blepharoplasty

+1

It is possible that this fold that you are noticing is from swelling.  Give is some time and see if it gets better over time.

Please consider posting a photograph so we can be more helpful.

+1

It might be swelling.  However a photographs reduces the guess work.  Please consider posting and picture.  A photo that only includes your eyes is not likely to be recognized by anyone so you need not be concerned about your privacy.

Upper Eyelid Hooding

+1

Treatment of hooding in the upper eyelid often requires a modification of the incision laterally, to remove this skin excess. In your patients, this can be tricky since there are not many creases in the skin and the excess is usually slight. Without seeing your pictures, I can't comment directly on your situation.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon