how can I minimize a pink scar on my forehead? I am Indian American and it really stands out.

3 months ago I fell and ended up with a scab on my forehead. The next day I made the mistake to exfoliate and in the process my newly formed scab fell off. The skin under the scab was extremely pink in color. I didn't panic because I felt overtime it would fade and go away. It has been 3 months and the skin is still pink in color. I am Indian American so the pink stands out and is very noticeable. Is there anything I can do to get the coloring back in my skin ? have I done permanent damage?

Pink scars and pulsed dye laser

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision in Los Angeles. Options include pulsed dye laser and application of Plato's Scar Serum to the scars to improve thickness and color.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scar treatment

+1
Hello and thank you for your question-
I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. We have seen that using a silicone gel sheeting or Vitamin E oil on the scar can help to lessen and fade it over time. The silicone sheeting is a more noticeable route, so Vitamin E oil on the face may be the option to pursue! 

Good luck!

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon