What Cause Diastasis Recti if Not Pregnant?

I had c sections in 1983 & 85. I was obese for a few years. 2011 had gastric bypass. 2008 I had hernia in my intestines and it perforated my bowel. It was repaired. 2011 they found 3 hernia all repaired with mesh. 11/11 I could not tolerate pain from mesh. surgeon removed mesh and replaced with cadaver. Now have nerve damage. Now 8mos later I saw another surgeon and he told me that my abmuscles are "pulling" my ab wall thin if not repaired I will having more hernia repairs. Is this Diastasis Recti?

Diastasis Recti

+1

Diastasis Recti is stretching or relaxing of the fascia that holds the Rectus muscles together in the midline of your abdomen.  Pregnancy, Weight gain/loss, and just bad luck can cause or lead to the separation.  From your description, it sounds like you have a very complex abdominal issue (way beyond diastasis) with multiple surgeries, etc.  Please make sure that you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon and, preferably, one who is double board certified in general surgery to handle your complex case.

Good Luck.