After 8 Weeks After BBL Shouldn't I Have a Smaller Waist Line? (photo)

I really appreciate the doctors on here taking the time to answer our questions. I was told I had 4 liters removed. I have been following my doc's post-op instructions to the T, 4 liters removed, weight still the same. My question is why does my waist line look the same after 4 liters removed? Could I be retaining fluid at 8 weeks? I was told I should have my shape at 4 weeks. Am I an exception to the rule?

Waistline after BBL

+1

Thanks for your question.  Try the SQUEEM garment! It works wonders for your waistline!

yes you are still swollen 

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Postop Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. It is completely normal to have swelling at 8 weeks  postop.  Your waist line should continue to improve as the swelling resolves. With circumferential liposuction of the trunk the swelling can persist for up to 3-4 months postoperatively.  Whether your waist line changes depends on how much fat you had at your waist line to begin with and how much was removed in that area.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Need more info

+1

It would be helpful to also see pictures from prior to your surgery to be able to give you a good answer.  Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, so you should not expect a weight loss from surgery, but you should expect a visible change after surgery.  This is usually apparent by 6 weeks after surgery (if not sooner), but sometimes takes longer. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon