How Easily Can my Nose Be Corrected with Rhinoplasty?

From what I can tell it appears to be very bulbous and has a distinct line where it becomes rounded, would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty for bulbous nasal tip

+1

According to the picture shown, your tip is slightly bulbous and could be made to better balance with the remaining nasal features. Rhinoplasty would be performed to would narrow, refine and feminize the tip.

Rhinoplasty

+1

If your bulbous tip bothers you, a rhinoplasty would be improve your appearance. An experienced  surgeon wil advise you regaring any other appropriate changes you might consider to achieve a balanced pleasing result.

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

From the single photograph shown I see a somewhat wide nasal tip.  Therefore, some modification of the tip area would be part of my operative plan if Rhinoplasty was to be performed.  However, beyond that I can make no further comment without full series of photographs, nasal functional history, physical examination, and a description of what your goals might be from surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplast Candidate for Nasal Surgery

+1

Based on the single photograph, you may be a candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Removing the hump from a nose to create a straight profile, and narrowing a bulbous tip are the most common requests for cosmetic nasal surgery.

The goal in nasal surgery is to recreate balance of the nose with the rest of the face. A subtle change in the nose may create a profound improvement in facial balance.

Rhinoplasty surgery may improve the nose and provide great results. Only after a comprehensive nasal evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon determine the most appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell from the one photograph.  Great results depend upon the skin quality, the tissue quality, and of course the surgeon's skill level.  A good exam and review of your concerns are vital.

You can have a fantastic result

+1

Obviously, we're judging just one picture, but it looks like you would do well with some refinement of the tip and perhaps some narrowing of the nostrils. Just make sure to do your research and find a good rhinoplasty surgeon- not just any plastic surgeon but rather someone who specializes their practice toward nose jobs. In the right hands, you should do great :)

Best of luck.

Peyman Solieman, MD

Rhinoplasty with narrowing of a bulbous tip can make the nose look better.

+1

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose work looks natural and meet with his patients and you should have a better looking nose.

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Hi,

Yes, if the appearance of your nose bothers you, then rhinoplasty would help.  Emphasis would be placed on refining your bulbous nasal tip to create harmony with the rest of your nose.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery may help to refine your bulbous nasal tip.

+1

Your smiling photo appears to demonstrate a wide, bulbous tip. This type of concern is routinely addressed during Rhinoplasty Surgery. You should interview several board-certified rhinoplasty specialists with many favorable photos before proceeding.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1

It's hard to tell based on just one photo, but two things jump out-- first, I agree that your tip is bulbous and could be improved with a rhinoplasty, and second, it seems like your skin is pretty thick-- this is important to know before going forward with surgery as this usually means it will take longer to see the final results due to swelling and while your tip will certainly be refined, it may not be as refined as someone with thinner skin.  Just a couple of things to discuss with your surgeon, but based on this photo I think it would be certainly reasonable for you to seek a consultation.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS