Is It Easier to Get Rid of a Tattoo when You First Get It Done?

I just got a tattoo and I'm having second thoughts I was just wondering if it is easier to get rid of it right after it is done and also what happens if I would just let it dry out

Tattoo Removal

+1

Yes, it can be me easier to get rid of a tattoo when you first get it done.  However if there are extremely dark/dense patches, multiple treatments may be needed.  The Q Switched laser is an excellent laser for removing the tattoo.  Sometimes a fractionated resurfacing laser is used in conjunction with the Q Switched laser to speed along the process.  In addition, imiquimod (Aldara) cream can be used topically to also speed up the process.

Tattoo Removal

+1

I have no knowledge or experience that removing “fresh” tattoos with laser treatment is easier immediately after the tattoo is placed. I do know that after many years tattoo ink does tend to fade probably making laser tattoo removal and easier process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_lasertattooremoval.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.