Is There an Easier Way to Fix Brow Asymmetry?

I have asymmetrical eyebrows. The left is lower but it's really just the inside near the nose. When I lift it, my eye also opens up somewhat and it makes the eye and brow both look more symmetrical. I'm 35 and I'm not ready for a full brow lift and I don't want my hairline touched in front or on the side. Is there a simple way to correct this because it's really just one small area but it's very bothersome.

Addressing Brow Asymmetry Without a Browlift

+1

As many of my colleagues have pointed out, Botox may be a good option for you to explore with a board certified plastic surgeon. BOTOX Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and is used quite often in people ranging from 18 to 65 years of age.

The area to be injected is usually numbed with ice or a numbing creme. The smallest needle available is used, so the pain is minimal and not long lasting. Some people experience no pain whatsoever.

Restylane, Sculptra, and Botox, have two main advantages over browlifts.

1. There's no down time
  2. The price per intervention is lower.

The obvious disadvantages of injectables are that the results are not as dramatic as a surgical intervention – and you have to keep on coming back for more.

When comparing Botox injection prices among cosmetic surgery offices be sure to ask each office (1) who will be performing your injection and (2) how much they will dilute the pure botox. Although the manufacturer of Botox suggests a small amount of dilution, larger dilutions will usually give a less than optimal result.

Non surgical brow adjustment.

+1

Botox will help and is useful in such adjustments.  Lasts 4 months or so.  It is possible to alter brow position slightly with filler (Juvedern) etc, or fat transfer.   Beyond that it is surgery.   A less agressive surgery (endo brow) could be considered but it is still surgery.  Good luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

+1

Minor brow asymmetry can be tweaked with Botos, but this is temporary and lasts about 3-4 months.  That would be the best non-invasive way. 

Easy Fix for Brow Asymmetry

+1

Botulinum toxin (e.g. Botox or Dysport) can be used in small doses just under the lower brow to help raise it up. This works by relaxing the muscles that are pulling the brow down. It is not a permanent solution, but it is easy with no downtime. Please make sure you see an experienced injector because there is a risk of causing your eyelid to relax too much (again temporary).

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

+1

Botox can help with asymmetric brows but you should also have your eyelids evaluated.  Often times brow asymmetry is related to eyelid asymmetry - I would have this evaluated by an oculoplastics surgeon, an ophthalmologist that also does eyelids, or a facial plastic surgeon.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botulinum toxin is great, non-surgical treatment for brow position

+1

Botulinum toxin is great, non-surgical treatment for brow position. The effects are conservative and temporary and you will require an experienced injector.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric brows

+1

Brow asymmetry can be due to facial asymmetry or it can be due to upper eyelid issues (such as droopy eyelid causing brow elevation on the side to compensate).  Botox can help but you first need to define the problem.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for slight browlift.

+1

Botox for slight browlift is all you need. This will last about 4 months and need to be repeated.

Botox will fix this.

+1

Hi.

Some skill is required in the injection, since exactly the right muscle needs to be relaxed, but this should work.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Botox can help brow asymmetry

+1

A small amount of Botox in the right place can raise the inner brow or lower the inner brow on the other side.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon