Is There an Easier, Faster, Cheaper Way to Get the Dorsal Bump Smaller?

i would like to know is there an easier, faster & cheaper way to get the dorsal bump on my nose smaller? im 15. i have school in 7 days. and my nose is huge.. what can help it appear alot smaller with little cost?

Cheap Way to Reduce a Dorsal Hump

+1

Do not look for a "cheap" way to reduce a "huge" nose. Be careful and proceed cautiously because you'll spend a lot of money revising bad surgery. If you're fifteen years old, you will need the consent of a parent or guardian. It is impossible to have surgery and return to school in one week. .

Rhinoplasty and hump reduction

+1

While you may only need your hump taken down, typically doing this will require some narrowing of the side walls to prevent what is called an open roof deformity. Bruising may occur and this can take 10 to 14 days to resolve. It is possible to still go to school while you are healing as the surgery itself does not prevent you from doing this. You need to discuss this with your surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You may be a bit young to undergo any nasal corrective surgery. You would like to be at adult size to have this performed. The  nose may still grow in your case.  In women it is usually by 16 or 17 and for men by 17 or 18. 

Easiest, fastest and cheapest nose job

+1

Easiest, faster and cheapest is not always the best way to go. Perhaps the most cost effective method is to undergo a nasal rasping of the dorsal hump if it is a subtle hump. 

Think long-term

+1

If you were older, I might consider recommending  a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty. This is done by injecting a filler like Restylane or Radiesse to camouflage the bump. For you, at age 15, I don't think I would recommend that. If you don't like your nose, and should have it addressed surgically. Don't take any short-cuts when it comes to your face. Meet with a surgeon and discuss your specific concerns about your nose. The surgeon will assess the nasal and facial aesthetics as well as your degree of growth development and make the appropriate recommendations for the timing of surgery. Don't fall prey to the era of 'quick fixes."

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is often considered the most challenging procedure in cosmetic surgery so do your homework and don't cut corners

+1

You have one nose and should look to have it done right. This is the nose you want for the rest of your life. Going to find a discount way to get a bump removed may not serve you well in the long run. I suggest at least two weeks between nasal surgery and returning to school. Then you should research the best Rhinoplasty specialists in your area and trust someone who specializes in the nose. Short-cut procedures often don't work and may lead to more difficult revision surgery later.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Easier, Faster, Cheaper Way to Get the Dorsal Bump Smaller

+1

Waited to the last minute! So do nothing and set up a 2 week interval to have a rhinoplasty. You are in too much a hurry and anything other than a surgery will be a waste of $'s. 

Cheap nasal hump removal.

+1

NO! You get what you pay for and you should wait until you have the time and money and do it properly. It costs more to fix a cheap job in the long run.

It's your nose, you don't want easy cheap and fast.

+1

You want your nose done by a well qualified rhinoplastic surgeon who will take care and give you a good nose job. As you grow up, you will learn that cheap is cheap and you get what you pay for. It's your nose in the center of your face - it has to look good.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Options for Correcting a Nasal Dorsal Hump

+1

Regarding: " Is There an Easier, Faster, Cheaper Way to Get the Dorsal Bump Smaller?
i would like to know is there an easier, faster & cheaper way to get the dorsal bump on my nose smaller? im 15. i have school in 7 days. and my nose is huge.. what can help it appear alot smaller with little cost
?"

As regards your prominent nasal dorsal hump you have three options: 1. Do nothing. It's the cheapest safest and obviously the least effective method, 2. Mask the hump with filler "non-surgical" rhinoplasty - can be done as a lunch time procedure and much cheaper than surgery but will raise the overall height of nose and 3. Surgically taking down the nasal hump - the most effective, permanent solution but it does not come at "little cost". The cost would vary significantly by where you live. New York is not a cheap town.

Dr. Peter Aldea