What on Earth is Wrong with my Eyes? (photo)

There is something that has been bothering me for about a year now... I am a 21 year old female and my eyes look weird. It's like they're two completely different shapes. I've been looking at ptosis and everything and trying to figure out what's wrong. It's likeone eye is an almond shaped eye,kinda asian, and one that's too big on the bottom and i can see more white on it and it looks all messed up and like it's a big bum eye or something. What's wrong with me or do i just have screwy eyes?

Eyelid Symmetry

+1

It is totally normal to have a slight asymmetry between eyes and eye shape.  The photo shows beautiful eyes with very mild asymmetry and there is no evidence of ptosis.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post better photos

+1

You definitely have mild asymmetry between the two eyes. The problem with the photos are that they are oblique, and you are smiling.

Take closeup photos without a slant and without smiling.

Overall, though, you asymmetry is mild, and not unusual.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Assymmetrical Eyes

+1

Although it is difficult to determine from your photos, facial asymmetry is normal and natural. While you do have almond-shaped eyes, the relationship between your eyes and your face is important when determining facial balance, so a full photo taken at a normal angle would help better.  If it concerns you that much, you should consult with a qualified oculofacial cosmetic surgeon who understands the face and eyes to better understand your goals and a possible way to help you.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes have different shape

+1

Your palpebral fissures are slightly asymmetric, left slightly wider than right.  Based on the  photos that you sent the asymmetry is very mild, and your eyes are beautiful overall. I am sure that except for yourself probably nobody else notices this.  I would advise you not to concentrate on this too much and to stay away from surgery.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Facial asymmetry

+1

Everyone has facial asymmetry and some slightly more than others and you are no exception.I do not recommend to have any surgery now. What is described as ptosis is due to weakness of muscle that open the eyes and yours is due to slightly lowered eyebrow as the result of facial asymmetry. There is a lot of misdiagnosis of ptosis when non exist.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye Asymmetry

+1

From your photos it does appear that you have some eye asymmetry, however this is quite normal. It is normally associated with facial asymmetry that cannot be determined from your photos. You appear to have an attractive eye shape and something you should not be overly concerned with.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

What on Earth is Wrong with my Eyes?

+1

Very hard to tell from the poorly exposed photos posted. It appears as an genetic/congenital asymmetry or slight ptosis on the right upper lid. But best to obtain in person examination from a boarded PS in your area. 

Asymmetry

+1

Everyone's face and body is slightly asymmetric from one side to the other.  Without full-face pictures, it is hard to tell how different your eyes are or what the cause might be.  

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Those photos are confused!

+1

Hey how about a straight ahead photo of your face and eyes that has both eyes at the same level and is not angled?  Then perhaps we will be able to understand your concern better.

What can be wrong with eyes at 21

+1

There is nothing we can tell as weird in you photo, and very little can be wrong at the age of 21. Keep in mind that all faces have an asymmetry and all have a dominant eye which will be slightly larger than its mate.