Is There a Surgery for a Split Earlobe?

My Ears Are Perfect Except my EARLOBES One of Them Has a Slice Going Down the Middle Which Causes It to Seperate. is there a surgery for this??

Fixing split earlobes

+2

Fixing partially or completely split earlobes is a minor procedure that can be done with local anesthesia. You can re-pierce the earlobes again, but we ask patients to wait a full three months before doing so.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Split Earlobe Repair and Correction

+2

Split earlobes, torn earlobes, and earlobe piercings and gauging can be easily repaired with a simple office procedure under local anesthesia. It is an outpatient procedure and you can return to most jobs the next day. Sutures are usually removed in 5-7 days. From El Paso, Las Cruces, New Mexico.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Split earlobes can be repaired and repierced at the same time.

+1
Split earlobes are repaired under local anesthesia by removing the skin lining the split and sewing together the raw edges.  The procedure costs $375 for one ear and $650 for both.  The earlobe(s) can be repierced at the same time--so bring small studs with you.  

Ronald Friedman, MD

Straightforward Fix for a Frustrating Problem

+1

This can be a very frustrating outcome. This is typically an "easy fix", but to achieve the most natural looking correction, I believe this procedure really deserves taking time to carefully plan out the repair. Depending on the severity of the tear, I sometimes prefer to create an “L-shaped” flap, which seems to avoid the notching that occurs with a simple wedge excision. This gives a nice, natural curvature to the lobule. This is an office procedure, performed under local anesthesia, and takes approximately 10 minutes per ear. You can go back to work immediately. Sutures are removed 5-7 days later. Good luck!

Ashlin Alexander, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes there is!

+1

Split earlobe is incredibly common amongst women as well as men, and can be easily repaired. It’s a very straightforward procedure that you can be performed in less than an hour. Essentially, you would be suturing the split lobes together.  Depending on the suture used, they will either dissolve or you will have to go back to your doctor to have them removed a few days later. If you would like to re-pierce the ear, you should wait about a month after the procedure. Do not worry, your earlobes will be back together soon!

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

+1

This is a very common request I see as a plastic surgeon.  The repair involves cutting a small wedge of skin out at the site of the split, then suturing it in a straight line.  It takes about ten minutes a side and the cost is about $250.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Surgery for a Split Earlobe...

+1

Split or torn earlobes are usually caused from earrings that are too heavy for their individual earlobes.  The surgery is a fairly common procedure that is quick and nearly painless.  It is performed in the office under local anesthesia.  The stitches come out in six days and in six weeks it is safe to get your ears re-pierced.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeon if you are interested in getting this procedure done.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing earlobe tears and split earlobes with plastic surgery

+1
Earlobe surgery is quick and effective in treating split earlobes and earlobe tears.  i perform these surgeries routinely in my Los Angeles plastic surgery practice.  Recovery is relatively quick with minimal scars. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Split earlobe surgery

+1

Split earlobes are often caused by a earrings that slowly enlarge the earlobe hole in a vertical fashion until eventually the earlobe splits.  As the hole enlarges, new skin forms.  That is why you don't have a sore as this process happens.  The treatment is to recreate a new raw surface and then sewing the split back together.

This can be done in the office setting using local.  Good Luck

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Split Earlobe Surgery?

+1

“Split” earlobes  can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time.  It is important to  re-approximate the curved earlobe  precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity.  I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.