My Ears Are Bent Like an Elephant, How Can I Make Them Straight?

How much does this surgery usually cost?

How much does ear pinning or otoplasty cost?

+1

The cost for an otoplasty procedure can vary from about $2,600 to $3,500.  The procedure can be done with sedation but the reality is that anything more than local anesthesia usually isn't needed except in children.  Whether it be the first procedure or a revision this can be done under local anesthesia.  Look for someone with experience and evidence of their work.   Make sure you have close followup with your surgeon in the first 7 days to ensure you don't have any fluid or blood collected under the skin as this can cause scaring, fibrosis, and a lumpy appearance to the ear.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Surgery: Costs and Options

+1

Reshaping the ears is a common procedure and generally runs about $3500.  We often perform this procedure in children around 5-7 years when their ears have grown and they are starting to become self-aware.  Since we specialize in facial procedures at our center we see many adults who are presenting for the first time and, in some cases, revisions.  Find someone you trust or come to our center for an evaluation.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Ear Shape

+1

Reshaping of ears depends on the exact pattern of your ear's landscape.  Side views of your photos would be helpful to give you particular advice.  Many prominent ears require reducing the curvature of the bowl near the ear canal, referred to as the conchal bowl. This is paired with restoring appropriate folds in the upper portion of the ear.  This surgery is done through an incision hidden in the back of the ear.  There are many additional  finesse points that are tailored to you individually.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

In adults an operation is needed.

+1

Photos of your ears would be helpful. Generally I use an open technique with an incision behind the ears. This can be done under local anesthesia very effectively. I use permanent sutures to hold the new shape, If the concha or bowl of the ear is too high I remove some of the cartilage. The surgery is very effective.

Surgery can be avoided if you are treated in early childhood in the first few weeks of life. There is a new device called the Earwell that works very well. Obviously this is not an option for you, but I want to get the word out, because it seems very few people are aware of it. Others who read this may be able to tell friends and family...

Good luck

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty

+1

It sounds like you may benefit from otoplasty surgery. Basically, otoplasty is performed to correct excess protrusion of the ears and to place them in a more normal, less conspicuous position. It should be noted that both ears are never exactly alike, even in the normal state, and that perfect symmetry is therefore not a reasonable expectation. The operation has no adverse effects upon the hearing mechanism. The operation takes approximately 1 and 1/2 hours to complete. The procedure consists of an incision on the back side of the ear, with the removal of a small segment of skin. The cartilage is exposed, and it is thinned or cut so that the ear will be placed in a normal position and have a normal configuration. Stitches are used to hold the cartilage in place and to close the skin incision.

Many patients are very pleased with the placement of the hidden incision and the results of the surgery.

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_ear.htm

Fixing cup shaped ears

+1
Repairing cup- shaped ears is called otoplasty (ear reshaping). There are many methods, including some new 'incisionless' surgery techniques. The procedure cost ranges from 3-5,000 and can be performed with local anesthesia, sedation, or general anesthesia. Patients undergoing this operation have a very high satisfaction rate when it is performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon.
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon